Grilled Trout Fillets
Fillet from a fat 2 kg. rainbow
trout(skin on, ribs in, flying ribs in or out)
0.5 t sea salt
1 T finely chopped onion
1.5 T chopped bacon
1 T diced tomato(or three thin slices)
2 T grated colby cheese(or your preference)
half-dozen drops of lemon juice(optional)
*based on 850 watts of power
1. Place fillet flesh side down in appropriately
sized microwave dish on elevation trivet.
2. Microwave for 2 minutes at 50% power.*
3. Remove from oven, turn flesh-side up, sprinkle
on salt, onion, bacon, tomato and optional lemon juice.
4. Microwave for 2 more minutes at 50% power.*
5. Remove from oven & evenly distribute the
grated cheese over the other ingredients.
6. Microwave a further 45 seconds at 100% power.*
1. Place skin side down, flesh side up in an
an appropriately sized oven dish.
2. Sprinkle on salt, onion, bacon, tomato and
optional lemon juice.
3. Cook for 15 minutes under fan grill, or grill.
4. Remove from oven, sprinkle cheese over other
ingredients and grill for ~5 more
minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Other Trout Recipes: