PINEAPPLE SPEED CAKE
This cake recipe was derived because I was eating too much carrot cake.
First, I blended pineapple and grated carrots. Then I started skipping the carrots,
because it was easier just to open a can of pineapple. The advantages of this recipe are:
1. It contains no baking powder(which, I believe, contains aluminum)
2. It tastes OK.
3. It can be in the oven in about 5 minutes.
- Conventional oven
- Stainless steel bowl, ~1.5 liter(=1.575 quart)
- Stainless steel spoon
- "Ring" cake pan
- One can(439 grams=15.47 US ounces) of crushed pineapple
- Two large eggs
- One-half Cup of salad or cooking oil(I use plain soya oil)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- One Cup of castor sugar(plain granulated sugar is OK, too.)
- One Cup of plain white flour(You could sift it, but I don't)
- Two Tablespoons of milk
- One teaspoon of baking soda(NOT baking powder)
- A little more butter and flour, to prepare the pan.
- A dash of salt, optional
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees celsius(=347 degrees fahrenheit)
- Open can, empty pineapple into bowl.
- Drain pineapple(I just hold the bowl to my mouth and "drink" the juice)
- Break the eggs, one at a time, empty into a cup, and make sure there are no shell fragments added(Please break the eggs with one hand, like Audrey Hepburn, in the original "Sabrina,"
...or like Sly Stallone in the original "Rocky")
- Add the cooking oil, sugar, and flour. If you use a measuring cup, adding in that order helps to clean the oil out of the cup.
- Add the teaspoon of vanilla essence.
- Pour the milk into the cup, stir in the baking soda, to dissolve it, and add to cake batter.
- With your fingers, butter the inside of the ring cake pan, and then add a thin layer of flour to the butter.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, bake for one hour, and then remove from oven and allow to cool.
- With the help of a butter-knife, carefully cut and ease the cake out of the pan, and frost, if desired.
While the cake is baking, allow 125 grams(=4.40 ounces) of Philadelphia brand cream cheese to soften,
then blend in two Tablespoons of butter, a dash of vanilla essence, and ~100 grams, or ~4 US ounces of icing sugar(powdered sugar.)
Use a strong spoon...a thin one will bend...or some sort of machine, if preferred.